Making Christmas Special - Foster Family 2018
Thank you so much to all our Family and Friends who are helping to make this Christmas extra special for this wonderful family. We have received an outpouring of support and messages of people willing to help so we decided to create this webpage for ease of communication and updates. Please see the updated list below of donations received. Thank you again for your contributions. This means so much to us!!
With gratitude, Marshall and Suzette
Image taken at home after Santa Claus parade - It was the boy’s first visit. Girls 2nd time, but the first was when they were babies, so they couldn’t remember :)
Most needs have now been delivered. Thanks so much to our family and friends. If you are still wanting to contribute, these are additional items that could be handy for the foster family:
• Sled x 2
• Collapsible wagon
• Water shoes
• Skipping ropes
• Bowling set
• Toy Car (rideable)
• 2 Purses for the girls
• Luggages - if the children end up going back to their biological parent, we would like to send their new belongings back with them in proper luggages.
A note about the above list:
If there’s something that really speaks to you, please go ahead and purchase it and drop it off at our place, wrapped or unwrapped (whatever makes the most sense). If you prefer to provide a monetary contribution that’s fine too. If you have something gently used that could work and is on the list, please let us know.
IMPORTANT: We are not accepting anything that isn’t on this list as the Foster mom is trying to avoid having to sort through items they don’t need (she has enough on her hands!) Please keep this in mind. And as much as there are items that are “special” here, the top items have been selectively chosen for necessity, to offer physical activity and “manageable” activity options for a household with 5 children under 8 years old. Please no pens, pencils, crayons etc as the family has a good supply already.
Our address is 2358 West 5th Ave at Vine in Kits. There’s a covered front porch if you need to do a drop off and we’re not home.
We will get whatever is remaining, handle wrapping if required and assembly.
If E-transferring funds (let me know if you want to pay for something specific on the list) please send to me at email@example.com password: fosterkids
We will photograph what you purchased for the family and send it to you. Any cash donations / funds left over will be turned into a Walmart gift card to help with ongoing needs.
Suzette and Marshall
Thank you!! So far we have received $1250 in monetary contributions that will go towards anything remaining on this list
Thank you for contributions received so far from: Alix Scott, Lara McDonald, David Kearnes, Sarah Boyer, David Duke, Leslie Hood, John Mirko, Jean Barbeau Allan.
DONATIONS RECEIVED TO DATE
• 2 Twin beds - Ken Foy and Friends
• 2 twin mattresses* - Dave Gougen and Christine Dove
• Mattress protectors * - Nadine Sheppard
• Bedding & pillows for 2 twin beds* - Nadine Sheppard
• Duvet & covers for 2 twin beds* - Mara Sinclair and Family
• Age appropriate books (some received) - Deb Moran
• Twister - Deb Moran
• 1 Scooter - Arv Singh
• Nutrition Care Package - Susan Standfield - Spooner, Gojigo
• Gymnastics suits - Dave and Lisa Keeler and Family
• Christmas Tree - Kyla Matias and Nick Barreau
• Bike for 7 year old girl - Suzette Alvarez and Marshall Farris
• 4 Helmets - James and Team at Obsession Bikes
• Soccer and sports balls - Robin Loochie
• Additional children’s bedding - Team Ken Foy
• Bike for 3 year old boy, 4 year old boy, 6 year old girl - Clive Ashworth
• Selection of Board games and soccer ball - Derek and Monica Wasson
From cash doners
• Karaoke machine
• Board games - Connect four, Jenga, Memory
• 3 Scooters
• Stocking with gifts for 3 year old boy
• Stocking with gifts for 4 year old boy
• Stocking with gifts for 6 year old girl
• Stocking with gifts for 7 year old girl
• Gift from Santa for each child
• Bath toys, building block sets, toy toolkits, hot wheels, LOL dolls, Kinder Surprise, Hatchimals, bath bombs, puzzles, lunchkits x 4, thermos, dinosaur stuffed animals, alarm clocks, gingerbread crafts, thomas the tank engine train kits
About the family
We learned about the intake of these 4 high needs children, siblings from the same family from our close friend in early November. She is a Foster parent and a single mom. She took the children in, overnight and they came with none of what we would consider basic necessities. She has been working tirelessly to outfit the children and create a loving, nurturing and stable home environment.
The children are:
3 year old boy - size 5T
4 year old boy - size 5T
6 year old girl - size 5-6
7 year old girl - size 7-8
and Mom’s 8 year old girl (we will make sure she receives something special too for all her help as a new “big” sister!)
ABOUT THE HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD - “MOM”
She will remain unnamed but in our eyes is an absolute angel and a true gift to children everywhere. She is a previous Montessori school owner and teacher. She started it as a way to educate her only daughter and it blossomed into a school of over 7 teachers and 30 families. She recently decided to close the school as it was taking too much time away from her daughter and decided to foster high needs children. She is highly educated in childcare and is very passionate about proper nutrition.
She is overwhelmed by everyone’s support as she doesn’t ever ask for “help”. We know how much she appreciates this and how much of a difference this makes for her family.